Shan Special Bombay Biryani 60g
- Brand: Shan
- Product Code: Shan Spice Mix
- Availability: 12
- Ex Tax: AU$1.80
Recipe & Seasoning Mix for Meat & Potato Layered Pilaf
Product of Pakistan
Best Before : 17 May 2021
Ingredients: Himalayan Pink Salt, Red Chilli, Dried Plums with Pits, Fenugreek Seed, Dill Seeds, Turmeric, Cinnamon, Black Pepper, Cumin, Nigella Seed, Bay Leaf, Fennel, Brown Cardamon, Ginger, Garlic, Clove, Dried Papaya Powder, Maltodextrin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Citric Acid, Cane Sugar, Canola Oil, Natural and Artificial Food Flavour, Silicon Dioxide (Anticaking Agent)
Special Bombay Biryani
- Meat on Bones - 1 kg / 2.2 lbs, small portions
- Basmati Rice - 750g / 3½ cups, washed and soaked
- Onions - 300 g (3 medium) finely sliced
- Tomatoes - 300g / 3-4 medium dices
- Potatoes - 250g / 2 medium peeled and quartered
- Garlic Paste - 2 Tbsp
- Ginger Paste - 2 Tbsp
- Youghurt, Plain - 200g (1cup) - whipped
- Cooking Oil - 175 ml / 1 cup
- Shan Special Bombay Biryani Mix - 1 packet, mix in ½ cup water
- Fry onions in hot oil until golden. Add tomatoes and fry until oil separates.
- Add meat, garlic paste, ginger paste, youghurt, potatoes and Shan Special Bombay Biryani Mix. Stir fry for 10 minutes. Add water (Beef / Lamb 4 cups, Chicken 2 cups). Cover and cook on low heat until meat is tender. Then increase heat and stir fry until oil separates from the gravy.
- Separately: In 15 cups/3 lites of boiling water, stir in 3 tablespoons of salt and soaked rice. Boil rice until ¼ cooked. Remove and drain throughly.
- Spread half rice in pot and pour meat curry. Top with remaining rice. Cover pot and cook on low heat until rice is fully cooked (5-10 minutes). Mix before serving.
Tips: For meat, use breast, ribs & shoulder cuts.
Disclaimer: International Groceries is not the importer or manufacturer of this product. We attempt to include up to date pictures of the products and accurate ingredients, however product formulation and packaging may change and there may be a delay in making updates. Please refer to the product label for the most accurate information. Please always read the labels, warning and directions provided before using or consuming the product. If you have any queries, please contact the product manufacturer.
Tags: Shan Products