Osman's Biryani Pack 550g
- Brand: Osman's
- Product Code: Breyani
- Availability: 12
- Ex Tax: AU$8.95
Traditional Biryani Made Easy!
Packed for OSMAN'S WORKS (PTY) LTD. Durban, South Africa
Packed Date: 16.09.18
Expiry: 16 September 2019
Ingredients: Rose Water, Saffron Colour, Parboiled Rice, Lentils, Lemon Juice.
Spices: Chilli, Cinnamon, Clove, Pepper, Turmeric, Salt
Biryani Pack Includes:
- Osman's Taj Mahal Rice
- Osman's Taj Mahal Pure Spices
- Osman's Taj Mahal Lentils
- 1 Box Osman's Taj Mahal Biryani pack
- 1 Chicken (1½ kg) washed and disjointed or 1 kg Meat or 500g frozen or fresh vegetables
- 2 medium onion (sliced)
- 4 to 5 small potatoes (cut into chunks)
- ¾ cup oil or ghee (melted butter)
- Green chillies (if required)
- Ginger and Garlic Paste
- 1 Tomato (sliced or liquidised)
- 3 hard boiled eggs (if required)
- ½ cup yoghurt or sour milk
- Salt to taste
- 400g Parboiled Rice
- Fry onions in ¾ cup of oil/ghee until golden. Drain, cool and set oil aside
- Place cut and washed chicken, meat or vegetables in large bowl. Add packets marked Masala and Food Colour from Biryani box and mix well. Add salt to taste.
- Add youghurt or sour milk, tomatoes, ¾ of the fried onions, potatoes and green chillies and marinate for 1 hour. Add salt to taste. Ginger garlic paste is optional.
- Add packet marked Black Masoor to a pot of 3 cups water and boil for 25 - 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Put 5 cups of water into a pot and bring to a boil. Add rice and packet marked Turmeric Powder and add salt to taste. Boil for 10 - 15 minutes. Drain in cold water and set aside.
- In a flat bottom pot, add the cooled oil/ghee. Sprinkle a handful of black masoor and rice over bottom of pot and arrange marinated meat or vegetables on top. Spread another layer of masoor over, then the rest of the rice. Decorate with fried onions.
- Fry packet marked Jerra in 2 Tbsp ghee and sprinkle over rice. Sprinkle ¼ cup cold water over rice. Cover with foil and seal lid tightly.
- Place over high heat for approximately 5 - 10 minutes. When sizzling, place in oven (180ºC) for about 2 hours (chicken or meat) or 1 hour (vegetables)
- Serve with papads and salads. Serves 4
Disclaimer: International Groceries is not the importer or manufacturer of this product. We attempt to include up to date pictures of the products and accurate ingredients, however product formulation and packaging may change and there may be a delay in making updates. Please refer to the product label for the most accurate information. Please always read the labels, warning and directions provided before using or consuming the product. If you have any queries, please contact the product manufacturer.
Tags: Osman's Products