Cinnamon Quills Soft (Sri Lanka) 250g
- Product Code: Cinnamon
- Availability: 13
- Ex Tax: AU$13.90
Product of Sri Lanka
Date Packed: 07.01.2020
Best Before : June 2021
Cinnamon Quill is obtained from the inner bark of the cinnamon tropical evergreen tree. The dried cinnamon sticks or quills are characterised by their light brown colour and paper thin bark rolls. The fragrance is warm, sweet and delicately perfumed. It is used to flavour poached fruits, tangines and curries. It is different from cassia, which is darker in colour and subtler in flavour. Also, it has many nutritional and health benefits.
Culinary Notes :
- To infuse the flavour in slow cooking use cinnamon sticks. Remove and discard after cooking.
- Use it in pastries, fruit dessert, cakes, cookies, puddings and biscuits
- Use it in curries, spice rubs and shakes
- Add to your coffee or tea to get a spiced and warm flavour
- Add to apples, berries, pumpkin, blueberries and pears
- It goes well with custards and sauces
- Boil with soymilk for a warm beverage
- In Middle Eastern cuisine combine with lamb and eggplant
- It combines well with allspice, black pepper, cardamom, cloves, ginger and nutmeg
Cinnamon has may nutritional and health benefits due to the essential oils contained in its bark. It contains calcium and manganese and antioxidants. It helps to lower blood sugar and cholesterol. It helps to maintain heart health. It is also considered as an antimicrobial food as it can kill bacteria and its excellent to boost brain function.
Disclaimer: International Groceries is not the importer or manufacturer of this product. We attempt to include up to date pictures of the products and accurate ingredients, however product formulation and packaging may change and there may be a delay in making updates. Please refer to the product label for the most accurate information. Please always read the labels, warning and directions provided before using or consuming the product. If you have any queries, please contact the product manufacturer.
Tags: Whole Spice